The new 2020 DUCATI SCRAMBLER 1100 PRO is the little brother of the Ducati 1100 Sport PRO. This scrambler bike is designed in order to attract every eye on the street. Ducati is expanding the Scrambler 1100 range with a Pro series that includes improvements for the chassis and electronics.
There are three Riding Modes on the 2020 Ducati Scrambler 1100 Sport Pro and Pro, designed to appeal to a broader range of users. The modes are named Active, Journey, and City. Full power is available in Active and Journey, with Active having a more direct throttle response. In the City mode, the power and throttle response are detuned, and the traction control ratcheted up.
The 2020 Ducati Scrambler 1100 Pro and 1100 Sport Pro are designed for upgraded performance, plus a dose of improved styling. Let’s look at what makes a Scrambler 1100 a Pro.
It is powered by an air-cooled 1,079 cc engine L-twin engine, developing 83.5 hp (62.3 kW) at 7,250 RPM and 66 lb-ft (91 Nm) of torque at 4,750 RPM with a desmodronic distribution.
The front suspension on this bike has fully adjustable Marzocchi fork and a Kayaba monoshock on the rear, which is fully adjustable on the pre-load and rebound values. The Ducati 1100 Sport Pro has Ohlins suspension in front and rear, as a comparison.
The brakes on this bike are represented by dual Brembo 320 mm discs in the front wheel with four-piston calipers and a 245 mm single disc with a single caliper piston for the rear wheel.
This model comes as standard with DTC (Ducati Traction Control system), Bosch cornering ABS (which you cannot switch off and it is not adjustable) and as well as three riding modes (active – full power of the engine is at your hand, journey – the engine is somewhat restricted, and city – suited for city driving and bad weather condition), LED front and rear lights, and LCD tachometer with gear/fuel/RPM/speed indicator.
A fun experience is guaranteed on the new Ducati Scrambler 1100 PRO and Sport PRO, thanks to their iconic style and sense of freedom, along with their agility and safety features. Created for those who love to ride motorcycles even outside the city with the option of having a passenger, these new models are a further tribute to the bike that identifies the Ducati Scrambler “Land Of Joy.”
The Ducati Scrambler 1100 PRO stands out for its new two-tone “Ocean Drive” color scheme, combined with a black steel trellis frame, rear aluminum subframe, and aluminum covers. A new right-side dual tailpipe and low-slung plate holder ensure distinctive rear-end styling and, with the new livery, gives the bike a coiled, compact look. Another hallmark is the framed headlight; inspired by the protective adhesive tape used back in the 1970s, a black metal “X” has been incorporated inside the headlight. This is a detail that makes the bike instantly identifiable, even with the lights off.
The Ducati Scrambler 1100 Sport PRO is the most-muscular version in the Scrambler family. It features all the styling details of the PRO, but with Öhlins suspension, low-slung handlebars and Café Racer rear-view mirrors. The 1100 Sport PRO also features a matte black color scheme, complemented by side panels sporting a painted 1100 logo.
The Ducati Scrambler 1100 PROs are also at the forefront of electronics and safety. They are equipped with Ducati Traction Control (DTC) calibrated specifically for these models, and ABS Cornering, which ensures safety on every bend. The three standard Riding Modes (Active, Journey and City) help even less-experienced riders find the right balance in the use of electronic features by choosing their riding style.
- ICONIC STYLE: With the new two-color “Ocean Drive” livery, combined with the tubular steel frame and the aluminum rear frame, both in black. The rear is the most distinctive part of the bike thanks to the new right side dual exhaust and the low number plate holder, which make an important contribution to making the bike compact.
- FULL OF TECHNOLOGY: With the electronic management system Ride by Wire and the inertial platform, Scrambler 1100 PRO offers high standards of active safety and performance always within everyone’s reach and for every type of use thanks to the three Riding Modes. The Scrambler 1100 PRO is equipped with Ducati Traction Control (DTC).
- ENGINE: The engine of the Scrambler 1100 PRO is an air-and oil-cooled, 1079 cm³, two-valve L-twin engine with EURO 5 approval. It has a bore of 98 mm and a stroke of 71.5 mm and favors smooth acceleration at all rpm and ease of handling. The Desmodue engine of the Scrambler 1100 PRO has lightweight crankcases and machined aluminum clutch and alternator covers. The two belt covers are also made of aluminum and they are also machined to enhance the aesthetics.
- RIDING COMFORT: With tubular steel trellis frame with a double top beam. Essential, like the Scrambler, it embraces the engine and is completed by an aluminum rear frame. It guarantees great agility in traffic as much as between hairpin bends in the mountains. Thanks to the wide handlebar, moving between urban obstacles is a child’s play with the Scrambler, while the 1,514 mm wheelbase maximizes stability, even at high speeds.
- BREMBO BRAKING SYSTEM: The Scrambler 1100 PRO is equipped with a Brembo braking system with ABS Cornering, which guarantees safety in all types of corners. At the front, a 320 mm diameter double-disc has been fitted to two Brembo M 4.32B monobloc four-piston calipers with the radial connection. At the rear, there is a 245 mm disc on which a 34 mm single-piston caliper works. The ABS system has only one level of intervention and is not switchable.
- INNOVATIVE LIGHTING: The light guide along the outer circumference, powered by an LED source that acts as a position light, is a DRL (Daytime Running Light), which allows the Scrambler 1100 PRO to be easily recognizable even during the day. Taking inspiration from the tape that was applied to the headlights in the 1970s to preserve the light cluster, a black metal “X” was recreated inside the headlight. At the rear, the optical group is of the full LED type with a diffusion effect and uses a technology that is unique in the world of two wheels.